[ST] Back in the Saddle, a Good Day

Saturday was a glorious day, but alas I had shopping to do.  Sunday was
forecast to be overcast with rain moving in.  They were wrong.  I awoke
Sunday morning to bright blue skies and warming temps.  Time to get back on
the horse.  Although I had been out on the bike a couple of times since the
*accident*, this was to be the first full day of riding the backroads
in......seven weeks.  All healed now and ready to go. It is also the first
chance to break in my new "Wintex" leather pants.

I rolled the black beauty out of the garage and did the once around check
(you know the drill). All systems go, all gear in place.  Off to the races!
Did the freeway drone for 30 miles out of town north up to one of my
favorite back roads.  FM-455, is a nice little twisty bit and to my pleasant
surprise partly newly re-paved.  Taking it slow and easy at first I went up
and down the new pavement ('bout 6 miles) three times.  OK, now I'm starting
to get my *sea legs* back.  Yeee-haaaa, strafing the corners a little
faster, and faster, feeling good.  I go on out 455 west, and make my loop
back east on FM-121(more open, fast sweepers) and back down to Anna (75
miles) and then take off East on 455 were I just meander thur many,
excellent back-back roads, rising and falling twisting and turning.  The
sunrays are dappling through the branches creating a strobe effect, the
farmers are out harvesting their winter hay.  The motor is singing it's
sweet triple-beat howl, and I am once again *one with my machine*. There are
virtually no bugs in the air and the temperature is perfect for the leather.
It just doesn't get any better than this.  I slowly start making my way back
into civilization feeling a warm contentment that only this endeavor
provides.  The only way it could be better is if it were longer.  But that
is coming, gotta work my way back up to 1,500 miles week-ends, step by step.

A Good Day.

STeve Duncan
'00 Sprint-ST, Black as Nite
Dallas, Tx