Re: [ST] Any High Mileage Sprints Out There?

I have just short of 46k miles on my 99 Sprint ST.  I have had a bit of oil
consumption lately, but I believe this could be traced to the 36k valve
adjustment that was skipped in error by one of the mechanics at the
dealership, because at 42k I had them run the valves on a hunch and they
found a few exhaust valves that were very, very tight.  As a former Beemer
pilot myself I was expecting the same kind of endurance as my previous
airheads.  So far I believe the T5 motor is adequately overbuilt and should
wear quite well.  Course I'll be starting over with an '02 this coming year
because I'm falling victim to "runs faster, jumps higher".

Steven "Dirty Dawg" Kohlscheen