Re: [ST] Auxiliary lights

On Tue, 4 Dec 2001, Bailey, Doug wrote:

> For those who have installed Motolights and have had plenty of opportunity
> to use them, do they still seem as great as they sound?  If you have
> something else like PIAA, what do you have and what do you think.  Thanks.

I put the PIAA lights on my ST and they where virtually unusable. They
where great in aiding the high beams, but I found that no matter how I
adjusted them they either annoyed/blinded on coming drivers or where so
low they created no bennefit, just glare from the very well lit 25 ft in
front of the bike

When they where aimed in a semi-useful state I continually got flashed at.
Even during the day. I think it is just really difficult to make a light
that small that has a beam tight enough to be useful.

IMNSHO of course.

YMMV, I know Erik really likes his. But personally I am too afraid of
drivers crossing the center line because they are blinded.

Tom

 Thomas Emberson
 '01 BRG Sprint ST (last count 7 months old, 13,700 miles)
 sold: '98 ZX6e, '99 ZX9r, '95 EX500

End of st-digest V2001 #730