[ST] Oil Consumption and Break-In

While traveling not long ago I had the same dealership perform a valve
adjustment because I suspected they were out of adjustment and the
dealer who did the 12K for me prior to my trip was awful. Cal
BMW/Triumph is highly regarded. I know this from this list as well as
the BMW F650 list which has several members who regularly deal with Cal.

When I got my bike back, it leaked oil like a sieve because the "tech"
forgot to put the oil seals back on the valve cover bolts.  When I had
this corrected less than 20 miles after the supposed valve adjustment, I
was informed by the mechanic that two of the valves were out of spec.
What's worse is Cal BMW refused any compensation for their atrocious
service.  Just because you paid to have the valves adjusted in a timely
fashion is no guarantee the work was done correctly, unless you did it
yourself.
Just my experience.

David
'99ST