Re: [ST] Saddle Gel

Greg Gagliano wrote:

>Mike Bostock wrote:
>
>> I have absolutely no problems with the stock seat, its my knees &
sometimes
>> my hips which get painful after >3 hours in the saddle :-((
>
>That is my problem, though the pain is more in the back of my thighs and
>hips rather than in my knees.  I'm only good for about 2 hours at a time
>max.  Maybe I'm just getting old and it's time to look for more
>conservative ergonomics.  When is BMW going to re-introduce an R1100RS?
>;-)

Funny you should mention that.  I spent three weekends this summer up in the
North Carolina hills on an R1100RS rented from Agogo and I found it less
comfortable than my ST with Genmar risers.  The BMW seat wasn't too bad for
me or the Lovely Ballast and there's a bit more room down to the footpegs on
the BMW than on the ST, but the vibration through the bars gave me sore
hands & wrists.  I suppose everyone has their own ideal ergonomics, but I'd
rather be riding the ST - and it's a lot more fun!

Neil