Re: [ST] luggage

I used soft luggage for years and had no problem with it. And just didn't
understand why anyone would want to spend the extra $$ for hard. Until a
year ago when I took a trip with a friend and his wife - they have/had a
GIVI system. I was impressed with the ease of packing/unpacking, taking
on/off the bike, etc.
So this past summer, I went looking for hard luggage thinking that it might
make week-long trips more enjoyable. Found some at a local Triumph dealer.
So I got a set - along with the hardware mounting system (i.e. a '99 Sprint
ST).
Now I'm having trouble understanding why it took so long for me to realize
how much better hard luggage is.

I'll only use 'em 3 or 4 times a year. But the ease of use along with the
increased capacity over typical soft luggage is easily justified.
Stuff don't get wet (I'll ride in most any kinda weather), easier to put
on/take off bike, more capacity, ability to lock things up.......on and on
and on.

I got several sets of soft luggage earmarked for the dump come spring

Charlie McCullough
tz250 WERA #90 Ex
Lottsa Ducs
Triumph ST