[ST] luggage

Ben-I have the Triumph soft bags and love them.  Soft bags are nice and
I have another set by Wolfman, but nothing beats the T bags (sorry,
couldn't resist!) because they're custom made for the application.  The
mounting bits also are a real plus as they keep the bags from rubbing on
the body work. Care must be taken to keep dirt out from under them but
they work great. I just used them on a 10K trip through Candada and they
worked flawlessly. The attached rain covers kept the contents dry during
several "deluge" days and many misty mornings.
I also have BMW with full hard bags (And I thought THEY were expensive!)
so I really didn't think I needed another bike with full touring set-up
I didn't see using the Sprint as a Tourer. Boy was I wrong.
IMHO the only thing you get from the hard bags is lockable security and
for the difference in price, I can carry the bags into my hotel really
easy.  Not to mention several listers have had their hard bags fall off
at speed.
David
'99ST