Re: [ST] Philips Bulbs, etc

Re: clock bulb

On Fri, 7 Dec 2001, Keith W Peters wrote:

> That reminds me mine has also gone. What's involved in replacing it ? Given
> it's position I don't suppose it is too easy.

It wasn't too bad Keith but does mean taking the fairing (nose) off the
bike then a couple of screws that hold the clock to the dash then simply
pull the bulb.  Get the Haynes or factory manual for reference though, I
find having both a must as I'm not a great mechanic.

IIRC, remove the 2 bolts that hold the nose to the side fairings, remove
the 2 dash trim pieces that cover the mirror mounts, remove the mirrors,
remove the 2 lowest windscreen screws and the fairing should easily pull
forward (unless I've forgotten something).  Unplug the third eye (parking
light) and you can set the piece down.  I think the clock was the white
plastic block, unbolt from dash and you have it.  Again I may have
forgotten something so go easy.

Finding the right bulb is the challenge, that is, unless you want to pay
too much for the OEM bulb at your dealer.

- --

                               ._O_.  '99 SprintST -mine
           -Bil-              /_\o/_\ '98 VFR800FI -hers         /~\
"No I don't want a pickle..."   /H\   '89 Hawk GT  -ours   ASCII \ / Against
      bil@xxxxxxxxxx           (=O=)  AMA, CMH-Moto,      Ribbon  X  HTML
"Drink Real Ale"  "Quch!"  #3    U    DoD(6.66), HSTA!  Campaign / \ Mail