New Tires for 2002

Hello Everyone,

  Went to the International Motorcycle Show in Seattle Wa, last week
looking for new tires. This is what I found Dunlop is making a new
D207RR and D220 for 2002. Metezeler new skin is the Sport-tec M-1. The
link below is a write up on the new M-1 by 2Wf.com. I went looking for
the Metez and Dunlop's at my dealer and they had not heard of either, as
a matter of fact neither had there tire rep who they called. So I was
left with mail order. I would have gladly paid more to get them from my
dealer, but when I called them back they said that either tire would not
show until sometime after the first of the year. My tires are shot so I
don't want to wait.  The tire reps at the show said that they felt that
the M-1 was the better tire, so that is what I went with. What surprised
me was that they represented Pirelli, Dunlop and Metezeler and gave the
M-1 the nod.  I paid $120 for the rears and $93 for the fronts, a little
more expensive than the Dunlop's. And $14 per tire for shipping. I have
been running D207s on my ST and wanted to give something else a try. I
should have them in about 5 to 6 working days and will let you all know
what I think after I get them on and break them in. If anyone out there
already has them on there Triumph let me know what you think!

  Have Fun Ride Safe
  Paul Reyes
  99 ST Blk

http://www.2wf.com/articles/gear/FB00CD4D-7F74-417B-ADC6-F41DBDBF930F.asp