[ST] clutch cable recall

Just an update as far as how one dealer is handling
the clutch cable recall thing.

I took my bike to a local dealer for the 6k mi service
(it's a little early, but I didnt want to wait on
everyone and their brother getting their bikes
serviced this spring).  I mentioned the clutch cable
recall and requested the newest tune.

I had bought 2 cables (one to replace the broken cable
and another as a spare), one from this dealer, the
other from another local dealer.  The service manager
said he'd see what he could do about getting a refund,
or replacement for the bad spare cable that I bought.
I have requested a refund for one and a swap with a
new part for the other, but he was sceptical whether
that would fly with TOA.

Regardless, he's replacing the cable that's on the
bike (which was paid for out of my pocket), but had to
order the part.

I figured I'd post this since I'd seen where other
lister's dealers had seemed to be unaware of the
recall.

As far as my money, do you think TOA could lend a hand
here if neither dealer ends up working for/with me on this?

End of st-digest V2001 #742