[ST] RE: An Introduction - and a question

> Date: Tue, 11 Dec 2001 13:42:30 -0800
> From: Blake Sobiloff <sobiloff@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> > I noticed (in my short experience) that alot of dirt gets thrown on the
> > swingarm and the monoshock.  Is that what the rear hugger
> > prevents?
>
> Yep, a hugger prevents most of the road grit from being thrown on the
> rear shock. Triumph's is black plastic and works well. I have a carbon
> fibre one from Jack Lilley's since it matches my CF exhaust pipe. It
> works quite well, too. It's just a matter of which you fancy and how
> much green is left in your wallet. (Tell the SO that it makes a
> great gift!)

Strange, Blake, I'd expected to see 1st April as the send date for this one!

IMMHO the propensity of the ST to attract 'dirt' to the rear suspension,
silencer and wheel is second to none, and no, the use of a hugger (Triumph
or otherwise) doesn't make a ha'p'orth of difference.

The one exception to this rule is "Rig's" ST, which, having ridden through
oceans of mud, still comes up shining like a new penny. How? Not a clue, but
Cymraeg Dawg will bear witness to the facts ~:)

Otherwise, Ed, enjoy what is still the best sport-tourer on the market...

Regards,
- --
BRG
email: keith@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx