Re: [ST] helmets

On Monday, December 17, 2001, at 01:17  PM, Denis Liakos wrote:

>   With all the discussion of Arai's policy changes, I started thinking
> about helmets...humor me, it's sleet outside, 30 degrees.  I've been
> looking at the Davida catalogue, and their helmets look to be
> beautifully constructed and finished.  I'm thinking of those 90 degree
> days, when my Arai full face helmet is almost uncomfortably  hot, and
> the thought of an open face helmet, with some retro goggles is quite
> interesting.

I'm sure an open top helmet would be more comfortable too. Depends on
what part of your head/face you don't mind impacting the road, I guess.

[in my get off at ~25MPH, I managed a handstand/shoulder roll that only
resulted in a nice tap to the back of the helmet... but I think at speed
I'd have less control of the situation]

=td=