[ST] ST Mods

Dave:
	Welcome to the Digest.
	Most of us have modified our suspension: Racetech springs and emulators up front and Penske or Ohlins remotely adjustable rear shock are the favourites.
	Tyre options are varied: Spend some time on the ST website and use the menu an the left side and do some surfing. I use Pirelli GTX Dragons and love 'em.
	I have changed to an aftermarket screen because the stock model sends every bug directly into my face/visor. I use a ZeroGravity "double bubble" screen that I custom tinted. ZG have several designs from which to choose. Many more listed on the ST website.
	No re-mapping needed on the Fuel Injection, it operates perfectly. Updates are done by your dealer as you service the bike.
	The front mudguard extension and rear hugger are highly recommended.
	Most importantly, break in the bike correctly. Stick to the rev limits and allow the bike to heat up and cool down several times during the first 100 miles. Use the tranny and shift into different gears. It will be VERY stiff when new. This is normal. Brakes are very good. No need to do anything here.
	You may or may not want the colour matched factory panniers. I think they're great and have come to rely on them to carry my tools, extra riding gear, and have room for trinkets, etc. They are capacious, watertight, and are very easy to attach. Installing the mounting hardware is a bit of a PIA, but worth it.
	I have swapped my stock US right handlebar switch to the Euro unit. Now I can turn my running & headlights on and off at will.
Best regards,

Howard Stephen Serlick
'00 Blue ST
Philadelphia