[ST] Re: Can, Big Sur, Memorial Ride, Can, Helmets

>Great news, Matt!  After all those hundred of hours trying to get the blue
>off my pipes, not I can buy a can with the Blue already on!  And it goes
>even further back then I was ever able to get it to reach.  Too bad it
>clashes with BRG.
>
>Progress.  Man, don't you love it.
>
>Andy Kay, RotLE

See, just keep things around long enough, and they'll be back in
style...<g>

>I like the River Inn, in Big Sur.Moderate prices, log cabins, excellent
>dining room, Dixieland group on Sunday afternoons. Dave Collins, San Diego

Well, that's where we'll be Weds night. Thurs with friends in Los Gatos,
Fri and Sat in the City (anyone going on the memorial ride?), and home
again, home again on Sunday. Any Central Coast folks...what kind of shape
is G14 in?? Debating the inevitable Winnebago experience along 1 or cutting
across from the 101.

>After placing my order for a Blue Flame in Sept, through B&B, and about
>six
>phone calls later, it finally arrived in early December. I got the
>impression
>I had to specify low mount or high mount brackets and connecting tube, and

>hope they sent the low I requested, as I have panniers. Will report later
>on
>how installation goes. It weighs 5 lb 13 oz, with connecting tube, but
>minus
>brackets. Agree that appearance is superb. Dave Collins, San Diego

I just fabbed up a small connector out of 1/8" aluminum...kind of an offset
triangle (look at the side picture); I just laid out one with about 1-1/2"
more offset for the low position. Blue Flame sent me a clever L-shaped
bracket that had two positions...but it looked clunky. I can fax you the
template if you want...

><< However, I have never encountered one of these
>> mythical "knowledgeable Arai fitters", and can't name anyone else who
>> has, either. >>

Best story: went with Tenacious G to Bert's; she needs to replace her XS
Quantum (2nd one this year!!!); talked to the sales drone and asked for a
XS Quantum, suggested a few colors. He disappears, comes back, says "Well,
we have a Small..."

MarcD