[ST] exhaust question

A friend was looking at my bike and thought it
necessary to notice/mention that, other than the front
brake and clutch, the only chrome/stainless piece on
the bike is stock the pipe.  He seemed to think that
was odd looking.

He suggested I get the pipe powder coated (either red
to match the body, or grey to match the frame/wheels),
but I thought that might look pretty dumb, and I also
dont know what the heat would do to the powder coat.
Thoughts/opinions?