RE: [ST] ST Hard luggade

I've had trouble getting my top box on and off ever since I installed
it.  Actually, getting it off is fairly easy.  But getting it on is
another story.

The first few times I put it on required two people.  At least I was
more comfortable with a second person there.  Perhaps I could have put
it on alone, but I was pulling and pushing down with so much force I
was afraid of tipping the bike over.

The good news is that I've taken it on and off quite a few times now,
and it has become much much easier.  My theory is that the rubber
stoppers attached to the rack are the problem.  They just need to be
shaped a bit by having the box on.

So here's my current technique.  Start by sliding the forward-most
part of the box over the luggage rack.  Its easy to tell when that
part is in place.  Then use the key, open the lock and slide out the
"sliding part"  At this point as you describe, the plastic part will
be underneath your rack, but the important metal part will be caught
on the rack.  To get that metal part beneath the rack, first open the
top box.  Then grab each side of the bottom part of the open
container.  Pull alternately on the left and right sides.  This
"shimmies" the box into place, and eventually the spring will push the
metal part under the rack.

Also, here's something to watch out for:  Unfortunately, its
impossible to remove the key while the latch is unlocked.  So the key
will remain in the keyhole during this operation.  The first time
trying to get the box on, my friend who helped me was pushing down on
the box's handle.  This is a reasonable thing to do, but the handle is
lined up to push down on the key when doing this.  We came dangerously
close to breaking the key in two while it was in the lock.

I think the top box looks good in that it matches the bike.  But its
poorly designed.  Should be a lot easier to get on and off.

- -Dave