Re: [ST] exhaust question

> He suggested I get the pipe powder coated (either red
> to match the body, or grey to match the frame/wheels),
> but I thought that might look pretty dumb, and I also
> dont know what the heat would do to the powder coat.
> Thoughts/opinions?

I can understand your friends point of view. But there are a several ways to
address the "problem". Assuming that by pipes you're actually referring to
the can/silencer, the most direct solution would be a replacement. Triumph's
own CF wrapped can is popular, and there are many aftermarket choices as
well. You could check the pics on the ST site for ideas. If your comments
extend to the pipes and headers, powdercoating isn't the solution, but
ceramic coating may be what you want. The T3 Speed Triple's stock exhaust
(headers and can) came in black. Several current models in the Kawi and Suzi
lineup have black pipes (but not cans). For more info on this process, check
out http://www.hpcoatings.com and http://www.jethot.com. If you choose to do
the wheels, besides chrome, polishing is also an option, though this
requires some upkeep maintenance if its not protected by a clearcoat.
'Course, if you go this route, your frame won't match your wheels. So you'd
probably want to have the frame done to match the wheels...

Daphne
The pipes on my T5 are ceramic coated black while the (underseat) can is CF.
The aluminum is polished. Slippery slope...

End of st-digest V2001 #763