Re: [ST] Triumph Website

Gaske David G DLVA wrote:

>   Just logged onto the Triumph Website and they are coming out with a Speed
> Four.  It's makes it arrival on Jan 2nd.  That and they have redone the
> whole site.

Seems like it's the only good thing on the redesigned site.

Oddly enough the splash page redirects you to securetriumph.co.uk Hmmm.
Secure implies an online store, maybe?

Matt Knowles wrote:
> Just took a look. All I can say is the web designer never looked at it in
> Netscape on a Mac.

Not just on a Mac. NS4.7 and NS6.2.1 on a PC both make the site look
poorly designed. And it's not just a Netscape thing, it also looks bad
in MSIE.

pattib wrote:
> And it doesn't work worth beans on Netscape 6.

First check to see if you are running NS6.0 or a later incarnation.  6.0
was horrid! Upgrading is strongly recommended. Nah, make that mandatory.
It does work, at least on NS6.2.1, you just have to be a little patient.
At first I missed it. If you put your mouse over the menu on the left
you will see a slight, barely noticeable, color change from white to
pale gray thereby indicating a clickable link. Some of the items, when
you hover your mouse over it, generate pull down menus. Most of them are
under construction.

IMHO It is idiotic to put up the website without all the elements in place.

And the number 1 lame part of the website: finding dealers.

After I selected USA from the pull down menu, I got an alphabetical
list, by state, of the US dealers, SEVEN DEALERS AT A TIME. This is
great if your looking for a dealer in Arkansas, but if your looking in
Wyoming or West Virginia you have to go through the list SEVEN DEALERS
AT A TIME. I'm on cable; I can only imagine what it must be like on dial-up.

- --
Steve "Devil Dawg" Lawler
A Red Sox fan in -Ah, damnit, there's always next year.

2001 Sprint ST "Blue Devil 2"

"People are more violently opposed to fur than leather because it's
easier to harass rich women than motorcycle gangs."
                                Bumper sticker