Re: [ST] RS heated grips

> got some heated grips for my 2000 RS but the instructions are missing pages
> in English

Can't comment on the RS specifically but I can tell you the ST which can't be
that different isn't too hard.  Take the original grips off and remove the
swithes mounted on the handle bars.  Mount the new ones and put the wires
in the grooves.  Put the switches back (wires go throug them) hook the
throttle cable up on the right one as you put it back together.

Zip tie the wires to the wires that run to the thumb switch gear all the way
back to the subframe bheind the intrument pannel.  I can't tell you were
the rs switch goes but you can see on the st faq section where it goes on
that bike.  I put mine on the dash instead of the side faring however the
RS may not have a good alternative to the side faring since it doesn't have
a full dash.

The wiring harness is mostly strait forward as there is almost only one
way to put it together.  Big thing to make sure is that it doesn't interfere
with the steering or end up where it will get damaged.

The one place you can get things backwards is the plugs on the end of the
wires that are attached to the hand grips.  Black to black and brown to brown
so double chech befor eyou push them into the white plastic plug block.

Also this is not mentioned in the instructions but you should use dielectric
grease on every electrical connection.  This prevents corrosion from
weakening the connections.

Wes

- --
~~~~wesman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
My old sig was about Vaxen and VMS but I can't even figure out
the name of the company that owns them anymore.