Re: 2001 East Coast Rallye

We looked at the other existing events when deciding on the times of the
events.

Already in June on the East coast, you have Americade (June 4th-9th)
followed by the Honda Hoot (June 20th-23rd). In addition we had already put
on two Eastern events and no Western events, so we decided to have the West
coast event in the beginning of the year and the East in the late summer.
Ideally September would be better climate wise, but with schools in
session, etc we decided to go with mid/late August. And with that we could
schedule the West event for the 3rd weekend in June and the East event for
the 3rd weekend in August.

We had several people only come for one day last year and they still had a
great time - remember that a big part of the fee goes toward the Rallye
shirts.

Hope you still decide to make it.

- -Eric

At 07:20 PM 2/1/01 -0500, Mark Collett wrote:
>I know I'm probably one voice of many, but maybe next year have the East
>Coast Rallye in the June/July timeframe?  Teachers in this part of the
>country go back to work in early August.  We would really like to go,

End of st-digest V2001 #68