Re: ChatterBox (was Re: more...Wind Screens: Zero Gravity)

Previously, you (Thomas Emberson) wrote:
> Have you thought about mounting the ChatterBox somewhere in the
> cockpit and getting an extension cable?

Interesting idea.  While it is getting repaired I'll think about it.

We are now 3-for-3 with the ChatterBox units.  I bought 2 at once and
one was DOA -- the battery wouldn't charge, instead the unit would
overheat when on charge. It was replaced immediately.  Since then the
other two units have died.  One has a simple failure of the
on/off/volume switch -- it won't turn off so the battery discharges.
The other just doesn't do anything anymore.  It isn't the battery
because I can swap a working battery from the other unit and it still
doesn't do anything.

If I'd had the $$$ I would have bought something better.  Currently the
$$$ spent was just wasted on useless junk.  If I can get them repaired
(should still be under warrenty ... I think) and they continue to work
then that is OK.

However I sure can't recommend to anyone that they buy a ChatterBox.

I suppose that you get what you pay for, but why should these things
(e.g. Autocomm and others) cost so much?

> Sure I will, the 6's green is pretty close to BRG, people might
> not even notice :-)

Yeah, right!  ;-)

- --
Bill "Bench Dawg" Flowers