Re: 2001 East Coast Rallye

Eric,
	Thanks for the heads-up on what factors affected the decision.  I will
most likely be joining everyone for Friday, and she'll drive up to meet
me Friday night (thankfully we only live about 2 hours away).  Looks
like we'll be there anyway!

Mark Collett

Eric Sheley wrote:

> We looked at the other existing events when deciding on the times of the
> events.
>
> Already in June on the East coast, you have Americade (June 4th-9th)
> followed by the Honda Hoot (June 20th-23rd). In addition we had already put
> on two Eastern events and no Western events, so we decided to have the West
> coast event in the beginning of the year and the East in the late summer.
> Ideally September would be better climate wise, but with schools in
> session, etc we decided to go with mid/late August. And with that we could
> schedule the West event for the 3rd weekend in June and the East event for
> the 3rd weekend in August.
>
> We had several people only come for one day last year and they still had a
> great time - remember that a big part of the fee goes toward the Rallye
> shirts.
>
> Hope you still decide to make it.
>
> -Eric
>
> At 07:20 PM 2/1/01 -0500, Mark Collett wrote:
> >I know I'm probably one voice of many, but maybe next year have the East
> >Coast Rallye in the June/July timeframe?  Teachers in this part of the
> >country go back to work in early August.  We would really like to go,

- --

Mark Collett
Michelin Engineer
Unigraphics CAD/CAM user!