Top box assembly revisited

Hello all,
	I'm just here to vent.  Finally got my top lid back from Triumph which
finally had the appropriate clearance holes.  But... had to modify them
anyway, as they were off center from the bolt locations.  Okay, fine.
Went to attach the plates for the latches to the top lid ... uhhh..
where are they?  Tore through everything I had.  Nope, no plates.  Okay,
write that down.  So let's move on to the locks.
	The locks you say?  Unscrewed one of the screws holding the bottom
cover on ... where's the other?  It fell off.  Why?  Because one of the
J-type brackets was missing.  Okay add that to the list.
	So lets move on to the bottom lock.  Well, NOTHING in the illustrations
matches my parts.  The strike looks totally different, and the lock
bracket is reversed from the way it's supposed to look.  Well I've come
to expect that.
	Go to install the bottom lock w/ bracket and the strike plate, put one
of the machine screws in...  uhhh, where's the other one?  AGH! Add that
to the list too!  To top it all off, either the bottom half, the lock
bracket, the strike plate or all of the above have the holes slightly
offset.  Why?  Because to be able to turn the key, I have to loosen the
ONE screw holding it all together, otherwise everything binds.  Glad I
spent all that money on the top case.  If the thing was only $100 for
all maybe I'd not think it was a big deal, but I don't even want to
remember what it cost.  I just want it to WORK!
	Gotta call my dealer Monday...

Mark Collett
- --

Mark Collett