From: "Lex Offer" <reffoxel@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <ST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Monday, February 05, 2001 5:29 PM
Subject: Sloppy Construction Crew Trucks!!!!

> Sorry folks but I need to vent.  I just had an accident leaving a local
mall, Thanks to an inconsiderate Construction Crew Truck.  I came around a
corner to the mall exit (and I was only doing 20mph) when as soon as I hit
the concrete pad that is the exit my shoots out from under me due to a large
spill of concrete powder mix on the concrete pad.  I am relatively unhurt
(little scrape on my right knee) but the bike is all marred up on the
rightside, the rear brake pedal is bent up good and the hard bag is scraped
up a little bit (it came off on impact so was spared alot of grinding).  It
just hacks me off that this sorta stuff is allowed to spill and the property
owner do nothing to keep their property free of road hazards and aren't even
held liable.