Re: The wheel is back, with out the bolt :-)

>>I was just trying to get away without purchasing a tap/die set.
>>But ther ehave been other times when a set would have been
>>handy, and I am sure they will get used again.

Too Late for Thomas as he has just bought a whole set, but most bolts on
the bike would be 6 & 8 mm, with the occaisional 10mm as well. If you dont
want to buy a whole tap & die set, you could just buy individual taps as
required for about $5 each & use a shifter or small spanner to turn them.

Another possibility for just cleaning threads is to get a bolt of the
correct pitch & cut 3 or 4 grooves down it with a hacksaw (so it sort or
looks like a tap). This will allow you to clean up the thread & the grooves
give somewhere for all the rubbish to go without jamming the bolt in the
hole.

Damaged bolts could be cleaned up with a file if you dont have dies.

Darren Mason.
2000 ST.
Melbourne AuSTralia.