Re: SX Stoppit!

Jeff,

I looked at some of the same bikes you are looking at. I was really
looking hard at the BMW R1100S and the Triumph RS/ST . The BMW is
certainly nice but the price is a killer, and the power specs don't
match up. I also was able to get a year end deal that saved a couple
thousand dollars as well. The quality in the Triumph is equal to or
better than any bike out there at almost any price. I have about 1000
miles on my 2000 rs now and its just awesome. I wanted something like a
sport bike but more touring, and liked the touring bikes but wanted more
sport. Thats why I went to the RS. I think Triumph hit a home run with
the rs, I am not a small person , weighing in at about 235-240 and the
bike is solid thru corners, hills, down hill, ect..... I also convinced
my friend to get the RS as well, and he was looking at the
Yammerhammers. I think he is very impressed with the quality (he's an
engineer and looks at things from a little differnt perspective than I).
I think you would be very happy with the RS , and possibly add the soft
luggage ect..

Good Luck

End of st-digest V2001 #80