Re: Sloppy Construction Crew Trucks!!!!

I don't want to start anything, but crews do have a responsiblity to
keep up silt barriers, etc. to keep stuff from coming out into the
street.  I'm not sure if it was the case here, did they just spill stuff
in the road?  As amazing as it seems, there are actually a few things
that someone can be held liable for...

Mark Collett

Lex Offer wrote:

> Sorry folks but I need to vent.  I just had an accident leaving a local mall, Thanks to an inconsiderate Construction Crew Truck.  I came around a corner to the mall exit (and I was only doing 20mph) when as soon as I hit the concrete pad that is the exit my shoots out from under me due to a large spill of concrete powder mix on the concrete pad.  I am relatively unhurt (little scrape on my right knee) but the bike is all marred up on the rightside, the rear brake pedal is bent up good and the hard bag is scraped up a little bit (it came off on impact so was spared alot of grinding).  It just hacks me off that this sorta stuff is allowed to spill and the property owner do nothing to keep their property free of road hazards and aren't even held liable.

- --

Mark Collett
Michelin Engineer
Unigraphics CAD/CAM user!