Mirror mirror on the wall

Although I'm very grateful to Steve Lilley for listening and acting, I'm
afraid I can't love his RS mirror adaptor!

So I've been checking out alternatives. And so far coming up with a big fat
nothing.

The RS mirror dimensions for the record are:

Studs: M6 (6mm) with a 10mm locknut.
Distance between centres: 45mm
Length (mirror edge to baseplate): ~240mm

There's nothing quite like this around. Only Yamaha mirrors come close, but
they're 47mm between centres. MotoFizz make an adjustable fairing mirror
which would fit, but it's shorter (210mm). In fact the RS mirrors are
already pretty long, it's just that the fairing is so low and narrow.

What about bar-end mirrors? I had a good look at the bike yesterday and
there looks to be lots of room. Anyone tried them?

Barry 'elbows only' Croft
2000 RS