Washing your ST

Hey all, if you're like me, you like to have your ST clean and shiny. If
you're not, just skip to the next post!  Anyway, I've ben usung S-1 and other
similar type cleaners. The problem that I've discovered is that the cleaners,
over time can and do disolve the adhesive backing on the logos on the saddle
bags and the Union Jack on the tail.  I actually lost one saddle bag logos
and had to replace it ( a mere $5.00).  After I replaced it I noticed the
other logo on the other bag was lifting off. So, i wanted to give you all a
heads up to examine your logos for "lifting".  Not to worry, super glue seems
to work fine.  When ever I noticed a logo lifting, I peeled it off and glued
it back on.....no problem.  LISTEN TO THIS..... yesterday I was washing my ST
and as I was drying the clear lenses that cover the turn signals,THEY BOTH
CAME OFF!
Seems that they are only glued on as well and motorcycle cleaners can affect
them as well!  Just give them a light "wiggle" and see if they are secure.
Remember super glue works fine and is holding my lenses on rock solid.

Mark Pinson
Y2K ST
"Batcycle"