RS Power

>Anyone have any idea why the power differences reported in Motorcyclist are

so different for the Sprint RS and ST?
right?

I remember an early press release about the RS indicated it would be tuned
for less HP than the Sprint ST. Although the current literature claims they
are the same, seems though that reports I have read indicate that the RS is
indeed down on power from the ST. Not sure if it was just the specific bike
being passed around or not. But you assume that the bike given to the
magazines would be in the best possible state of tune.

Jim
'00 RS