Brake sponge my .02

I have a 2000 ST and haven't noticed a soggy lever so far but from what I
can see of the cylinder and reservoir arrangement I don't think anyone is
getting air in the master unless the bike is upside down or the fluid
level is way too low.  The air would have to get to the hose to be able
to get into the master cylinder.  My blame would be on a restriction in
the hose.  If the brake is released and the piston in the master retracts
and can't get fluid through the hose it might be possible that there is a
vacuum created in the lines that could retract the pistons in the
calipers.  The next time the brakes are used all the slack created has to
be taken up before the pads can grab the rotor.  This would take lots of
lever travel.

This info is not based on first hand experience so feel free to tell me
I'm full of whatever you wish.
Or not if it's right.

Ken Walter
00 ST