Re: Wacky Tachometer

On Tue, 13 Feb 2001 owner-st@xxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> Subject: Wacky Tachometer
> From: "Steve Hollasch" <stevehol@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>
>      I've got a new Sprint ST that occasionally exhibits a strange
> problem with the tachometer.  This first started appearing at around 250
> miles and several times after that (now at 500 miles).
>
>      The behavior is that at some point while riding, the tach will
> either "top out" at something like 2000rpm (that is, it stays there even
> when the revs are higher), or will oscillate about 1500revs at something
> like 1Hz.  This typically continues for 3-5 minutes after which
> everything just works fine again.  This behavior also continues across
> cutting power (while moving) and then restarting the bike (in case it
> was a software/hardware problem.)
>
>      Has anybody else experienced this problem?  The folks at the shop
> say they haven't heard of it, and can't check it out unless it's
> happening when I bring it in.

If you see other enomolies I would check out the battery. My 9r
did that and it turned out to be a slightly loose ground wire to
the battery.

t.

Thomas Emberson  <Thomas@xxxxxxx>        http://get.qnx.com
QNX Software Systems Inc.
5100 Tennyson Parkway, Suite 1000, Plano, TX, 75024
V: 214-495-5665  F: 214-495-5664