Re: RE: st-digest V2001 #95

I do a lot of long-distance touring, and often load my bike like a pack mule. When I travel alone, I generally tone it down a bit (don't want to crash in the middle of Bum-hump Nowhere, Wyoming, and find my cell phone doesn't work and that I have to walk 65 miles to the nearest phone with a broken leg), so I don't really notice much degradation in handling. What I do notice is that when the passenger seat is covered with tailpack, sleeping bag and tent, it's hard for a fatso like myself to toss a leg over the seat.

Darwin

>>> Gerrit Herbst <Gerrit@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> - 2/15/01 1:00 AM >>>
Dear Dawgs,
On Wednesday afternoon there was a program on the "Travel Channel" (Digital
Satellite) which features a bloke travelling through the UK on a ST.
Well if you ever want to see a bike with more packing space than a long-bed
pick-up, check this Guy out! It took me 5 minutes of watching to figure out
what bike it was! The luggage-and touring packs effectively reduces the bike
to a single seater.
Looked a bit funny to say the least, but as the guy "rode of into the
sunset" at the end of the program, it looked quite comfortable as he took a
few sweepers at speed (most of the riding scenes are shot with a rider's eye
view except for the end).
While watching the end-credits, I learned that Triumph UK is the principal
sponsor of the show.
Does this suggest that the factory sees the ST as there Alpha tourer and not
the Trophy?

Regards
Gerrit Herbst
'01 Yellow RS