Re: Rear Brake

Previously, you (r.downham) wrote:
> I know there has been a long thread about mushy front brakes, the conclusion
> of which seems to be that the height of the reservoir is critical.

I don't think a conclusion has been reached yet.  One hypothesis is the
height of the reservoir is critical, another is that the hose is kinked
and raising the reservoir unkinks it.  There may be others.

> So far
> I've had no problem with the fronts but having just changed to the RS from a
> YZF600R Thundercat I 've noticed that the back brake on the RS seems far
> less positive than on the 600. I can't remember where the reservoir was on
> the Thundercat but on the RS it seems only just above the calipers. Any one
> feel the rear brakes are less than positive at low speed?

There's a rear brake? Oh, you mean the panic brake.  Normally I never
use it at all, except in a panic situation.

I suspect it will last me a very long, long time.

- --
Bill "Bench Dawg" Flowers
Clearwater FL
'00 Sapphire Blue ST "Jewel"