Re: racetech

<<
Has everyone who has had fork work done done the full racetech upgrade
with
emulators and springs  or has anyone just replaced springs??  I am a
congenitally cheap person and wonder if just springs would be enough.
thanks
john conneely 99 black sprint early model  brakes work great

The "full monty" is being performed on my bike as we speak.  According to a
knowledgable report on the T5Net list, you can replace the fork springs
without removing the forks.  I was considering doing that, and had the
springs in possession, and changed my mind to having the full job done with
the gold emulators.
I understand that the racetech fork springs will be an improvement
(especially if you weigh more than the 135 or so lbs. for which the stock
forks are set up)and you can easily change the fork springs yourself.
However, the emulators and modifications which go along with them evidently
improve the performance of the forks quite dramatically.  Check out all the
discussion via the mailing list archive and the excellent instructions
provided by Paul and Eric on the FAQ page.  That will give you a better idea
what's involved.
I will give a report when my ST is done.  New tires, tune, racetech mods,
brake bleeding, etc.  Wahoo!

Jon Stiffler
'00 Sapphire Blue ST "India Flyer"