Race Tech or not, half or full?

	After reading the post from John and Steve on doing either all or part
of the Race Tech mod I have the following comment. If you only do the
springs and oil why not do it at home and not pay a dealer to do a
simple procedure. Maybe I'm wrong and maybe there's more to changing
springs than I realize but...
	I changed springs on my dirt bikes often for different tracks. I always
put the bike on a crate (use the center stand) and removed one fork cap
at a time. There is some pressure on the cap but if you back off the pre
load to minimum there's not much. After removing the cap: remove the
spring, drain the oil or in the ST's case since there is no drain plug
(WHY?) siphon out the fork oil, install new spring, refill with oil, and
close it up. Repeat on the other side and your through. Dirt bikes
usually took about thirty minutes and the one street bike took almost an
hour but you save some dough and get the go:-)
	Then, if the springs didn't do the trick either see your dealer or
print Madd Dawg's instructions. If you have no time or deep pockets then
never mind.
- --
Jack "Rude Dog" Hays
972-952-5065
"I'll see you on the dark side of the moon"