Re: Rear Brake

For panic stops, I will use the rear with the front brake initially,
then quickly ease off completely until the bike is stopped (when the
rear end is up in the air, the rear isn't doing much stopping anyway)

For normal stops, I generally don't use the rear until stopped, then use
it to hold the bike at a stop.

I was surprised when the MSF instructor told me that I was locking up
the rear pretty regularly during exercises.  At those speeds (under 25
MPH) I couldn't feel the rear wheel slide.  Since then I just don't use
it until stopped as a sliding rear wheel just doesn't do any good and
can lead to scratched plastic if the rear slides out.

Dan Wallander
'99ST

How does everyone else carry