Re: 18 tooth sprocket

I recently moved to 18 from 19 on the RS, and I love it. It revs roughly
5.5% higher, and consumes roughly 5.5% more fuel. It significantly improves
performance everywhere, gives you little power wheelies from the lights in
1st and 2nd, more immediate roll-on power in top gear, better engine braking
ditto, and the ratios now suit the twisty roads I like much better.

I spent a lot of time first playing with that program someone mentioned -
GearCalc - and I reckon 18 gives perfect gearing, revving out in top at 157
mph or so. Stock gearing gives a theoretical 165, which it never had any
chance of achieving, even with the carbon can/retune. So for my sort of
riding the 18 is way better. The only reason for sticking with 19 is if you
do a lot of freeway miles.

Barry
00 RS