RE: Riding in NZ

"I'll second that.  my wife and i took up riding in NZ over 10 years
ago now.  Imagine California with none of the freeways and only 3 million
people, most of whom live in the few large cities.  paradise indeed."

Wow! That DOES sound like paradise. My only problem with Southern California
is having to share it with 12 million of my closest friends. Having grown up
in Vermont, that was definitely the toughest part to get used to living in
So. Cal. It takes a while, but if you know where and when to go you can
still have the road pretty much to yourself. Still, I would someday like to
"do NZ" !
Bill "Jett Dawg"