Re: [ST] 10K (km) service

>>> Erik Miner <Axeis@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> - 2/20/01 1:55 PM >>>
All I can say is that getting valve's checked anymore often than at
12K intervals is a real waste of $$. I just had my 12K service.. a
bit early at 11K all the valves were all in spec.

Valve clearance depends a lot on how you ride. If you run up to redline on a regular basis, you will need to adjust your valves more often. My wife rides conservatively while I tend to rev the snot out of bikes. We both adhere to recommended valve adjustment intervals. Her bikes seldom need any valve adjustment while mine almost always need adjustment at every service.

Darwin