[ST] RE: Rear Brake

OK, I'll chime in now to throw the curve off.  I am still running the OEM
pads both front and rear at 24k miles.  I am a consistant front + rear brake
user.  Course this could also be a function of how slow I ride and how much
I use engine braking.

Steven "Dirty Dawg" Kohlscheen

<<
All,
    Hearing a lot of denial here. So you don't use your back brakes eh?
Maybe you should ask Triumph to leave them off. I think you'll find that
using them decreases your stopping distance in emergency situations.
    The fact remains that the rear brakes wear very quickly on the ST and
the RS. I use mine all the time, just as I have on all my motorcycles. I
switched to an EBS Metal pad. It still wears twice as fast as the fronts,
but much better than the originals which were GONE in 5K miles. I lost the
blister card from the shoes, but the correct shoes are not the ones listed
by EBC. The ones listed are a mirror of the way they must be to fit.
    I have had 13 bikes and none wore out pads as quickly as the ST rear
brakes. This is still the best streetbike I have owned. I am waiting for the
2002 Trophy, though.
Ciao,
Bob