Re: [ST] New Daytona

 > I have noticed a distinct difference in flickability between the
 > Sprint RS and the Sprint ST.  The ST seems to resist quick
 > directional changes more than the RS.  The main reason for this
 > seems to be the extra unsprung weight of the single-sided swingarm.

i thought it was due to the RS's greater ride height in the rear,
giving a reduced steering head angle.  but i'm sure that you're right
that weight has something to do with it too.  (and that lighter
handling is one of the main reasons i got the RS instead of the ST.
that, and being able to read the speedometer without my glasses.  ;-)

on the subject  of handling -- all that talk about preload yesterday
gave me the impetus to finally do some adjustments.  i've found the
RS handling to be quite harsh, over small pavement bumps, etc.  i'm
around 150lbs, so i figured i just needed to soften things.

unfortunately, because i wasn't expecting the preload screw to be so
hard to turn, and because the screw driver kept slipping off of it
before i finally reached my hand around behind the frame to keep it in
place, i lost count of the turns when doing the initial turn-in, so i
don't know how it was set from the dealer.  but backing it out a full
16 turns has softened the ride right up.  i've only commuted to work
on it, but it feels much better on the bumps that were really
uncomfortable before.

paul