Re: [ST] GPS on the ST

 > > I have an eMap and the 12v cigarette lighter plug connector, is
 > > there some sort of patch cable for the Sprint 12v socket to make
 > > it the same size as a conventional car socket?
 >
 > getting the inline female cigarette lighter socket should be no problem, but
 > the trick is the male ST accessory plug
 >
 > call your nearest John Deere dealer and ask them for P/N RE11344 -- cost
 > should be about $9 USD
 >
 > apparently BMW's use the same plug but the word is that it would be much
 > more expensve

i don't know about the john deere part, but i know those plugs _can_
come with a little adapter ring that lets them work in a standard
cigarette lighter socket as well as in the bmw/deere/triumph socket.
if you can get one of those, then don't make an adapter cable -- just
cut off the cigarette lighter plug you have, and use the new plug with
and without the adapter ring instead.  (the plug that i got with the
adapter ring actually came on a Widder electric vest cable, if you
have trouble finding it elsewhere with the adapter.  see the
description near the middle of http://www.widder.com/hookups.htm )

paul