Re: [ST] New daytona problem?

On Wed, 21 Feb 2001, Jack Hays wrote:

> 	Having not seen it in the flesh I hold my judgment. Glad the silver is
> available. I am not however hoping they sell a ton of these. Don't get
> me wrong. I want Triumph to be secure and world renowned. I know that
> sounds conflicting, and it probably is for the factory but...... let's
> sell a bunch to "mature" riders.
> 	All we need is a bunch of the squids who ride the current Japanese
> rockets to jump to Triumph and presto! HOW MUCH FOR INSURANCE!!!!

hmm,

Don't know if that will be a big problem. I think you will get a
lot more people like you and I riding this bike. Now if for some
reason, being a 3 cylinder and all, Triumph gets a lot of area
under the torque curve and the Daytona is faster than the other
litre sport bikes, then you'll see squids come over.

If the Daytona is not faster in the 1/4 and 0-60 then people will
purchase the bike due to its styling and the fact that it is
competent sport bike, not because it is the fastest. The squidly
generation buy the bikes they buy because of hype (r1), speed
(gsx1000r, zx9r) or because the bike is supposedly the best handling
(900rr), and sometimes comfort (zx9r).

Now of course, I will say the lines might be a bit harsher than we
would like, but at first glance, I like it. Of course I love the
looks of the current ZX 9r.

Thom

Thomas Emberson  <Thomas@xxxxxxx>        http://get.qnx.com
QNX Software Systems Inc.
5100 Tennyson Parkway, Suite 1000, Plano, TX, 75024
V: 214-495-5665  F: 214-495-5664