Re: [ST] New Daytona

Ducati have for some time been talking about and hinting about losing the
single sider, there is just too much of a weight penalty.
Ashley
'95 Speed Triple
'00 Spondon

> I have noticed a distinct difference in flickability between the Sprint RS
and the Sprint ST. The ST seems to resist quick directional changes more
than the RS. The main reason for this seems to be the extra unsprung weight
of the single-sided swingarm. While I agree the single-sided swingarm looks
cool and are perfectly adequate for sport touring, for bikes that are going
to be used for more sporting riding, I welcome the change to a double-sided
swingarm. I predict Ducati will soon abandon the single-sided swingarm on
their Desmoquattro Superbikes.