[ST] Re: New Daytona

>>> "barry.croft" <barry.croft@xxxxxxxxxxx> - 2/21/01 5:46 PM >>>
I like the move to a more nimble 180 rear.

I agree. Many bikes benefit from a switch from 190 to 180. Suzuki's TL1000S, for example, is much more flickable in the tight twisties with this change. Manufacturers know this, but keep going with the 190 because people think the fatter rear tire looks cool. I commend Triumph for choosing function over form.

As for the frame, it's hard to tell from the photos, but it seems to look a bit beefier than the old tubular unit. Perhaps instead of swapping the new engine into an older Daytona, it might be better to mount the tail section and upper fairing of the old bike on the new machine.

Darwin