Re: [ST] Re: GPS on the ST

 > I'm contemplating wiring a bare end Garmin plug to the open connector
 > under the right side turn signal which I gather from earlier posts is
 > for the heated grips. Anyone out there with more electrical experience
 > than I give some input pro or con.  I noticed while changing my bulbs to

it's a good idea.  note that that connector is (i assume -- it had
better be) a switched power supply.  that means when you turn off the
key, your GPS will lose power.  now, normally that would be okay, but
at least with the gps-III models, when they lose auxiliary power, they
turn off by themselves after 30 seconds unless you hit Enter to let
it switch to internal batteries.  i actually find that i like that
mine stays on -- the GPS draws so little power that i don't worry
about it staying on through gas stops or lunch (although i of course
take it with me if i'm going to be away from the bike).  and it saves
the startup delay when you go to get moving again.  and i almost never
need to change the AA batteries.

paul