[ST] RE: Dropped The Beastie

"Also, on a more somber note: how much does a right front turn signal go
for?
Aye, dropped the beastie last night in my sloped driveway.  Turn signal,
slight scuffing on the lower edge of the fairing, torn jeans.  Guess I'll
get a garage door opener for the little (i.e. motorcycle) door..."

Hey Biker Dawg! Boy did you strike a chord with me! I had my beautiful black
ST all of 3 months when I dropped mine moving it. I had parked near the road
and some of my buddies reminded me of rocks getting sprayed by cages driving
too close to the edge of the road. Well, I usually hang my Arai on the left
mirror. As I moved the bike, the front-end hit a bump, helmet started to go,
I went for my helmet and both hit the ground. Geeeez did I feel Stooooopid,
embarrassed and inflamed all at once. Helmet has one very small peck; I got
the left chin and mid panel pretty good. Fortunately, I found a guy who
specializes in motorcycle fairings and for $225 I am back to being
beautiful. I was so pleased I gave him a tip. Anyone in So. Cal who may need
the same service, let me know.
Bill "Jett Dawg"