[ST] New Daytona - 1st hand opinion.

Well at a loose end today since the wife said she had to work, so only one
thing to do. Get up at 05:00 and do the 430 mile round trip to London to
see the new Daytona and be back in time for baby sitting duties. After all
the talk it just had to be done.

I went to the stand four separate times to come to a conclusion. In truth
the pictures don't do it justice.

I like it a lot, in fact in ways it makes the ST/RS look dated in their
design (next to each other on the stand) and I like their designs. One of
Triumphs top guys (can't remember his name but seen his picture in the
press) told me the change in design was to try to compete in the mass
markets as this is where the money is and also to put a bigger divide
between the ST/RS camp in their range.

My view now is that if it only came with a more pillion friendly seat
(compared to my ST) I could be persuaded. Couldn't get to sit on it though
at it was perched up on the stand.

Keith W Peters
Wrexham. UK

"Cymraeg Dawg & Long Tail (00 Blue ST)"