[ST] Seized chain adjuster - update

I wrote to the list a few weeks ago about the seized chain adjuster I
suffered on my 10 month old, 14 000 mile Sprint ST.  I wrote again to report
that it had been sorted out but in reluctant exchange for 50 of my
hard-earned quid.  Since then I have written to Triumph asking for the money
back under the warranty.  I have today received a rather less than
satisfactory response from a lady in Customer Services from which I quote:

"...we must confirm that having consulted with Quality and Design
Colleagues, we are unable to cover the costs of the required repair under
the terms of the manufacturers warranty.  We appreciate this may not be your
preferred response but trust you will agree all avenues have been explored."

Or, roughly translated, "go away".  No, I don't agree all avenues have been
explored.  No explanation of the nature of the problem and why it should not
be covered.  I shall be pursuing this a little further.  And this is where I
would like the assistance of other ST-listers.  If you have had the same
problem could you please let me know either through the list or direct.  A
couple of people let me know previously about having suffered the same way,
I'd like to add as much weight as possible to my argument.  I am at least
hoping for a full and proper technical explanation that I can pass by a top
corrosion scientist colleague.  I guess all you Southern Californians out
there aren't afflicted by this - but, then again, my fuel sender never
leaked!

And whilst I taking up your time, I must apologise for misleading you about
my problems with leaking Explorer jackets.  Turns out it's an Alpine (I
never was one for reading labels) and I'm about to collect their fourth
attempt at keeping dry.

And finally, does anyone else's topbox leak.  If so, how do you fix it?

Apologies for going on.

Bryan in Bedfordshire